Sunday, June 19, 2016

London patron of the day


So there was a patron today from London who had a lovely accent when she was telling me about her two boys, and how libraries in London are so different than here. I kept asking her questions so she could keep talking because I just loved hearing her voice. She was funny, too. Making fun of other people. Talking about her favorite yet worst librarian back in London. Best because she was good at her job, but worst because her style and attitude towards things was harsh, and she often used a witch voice. Then she demonstrated, and it was scary! Still, she assured me that the children over there adored her personality. She shared with me the books that she was checking out. There were about 5 picture books, and we got interrupted once because one of her boys was getting ready to fight another little girl off the computer game. She also talked really fast, which made it a challenge for me to figure out what she was saying even though it was still English. Have you ever wanted to just talk forever with a stranger just to hear their voice?

1 comment:

  1. Indeed. I met a woman once who made me feel that way. I never wanted her to stop talking but I loved the sound of her voice. I ended up making her my wife. :)

    ReplyDelete