Friday, June 8, 2012

There Is Nothing To Fear But Fear Itself




Sometimes I feel like Little Red Riding Hood. I want to go down a certain path, but I feel all these obstacles that get in my way. At times I feel fear, but the fear is what I have built up in my own head. Mostly I am afraid of making a mistake. Which path should I go down, because the right path looks great, but what if this other path is better? What will happen if I make the wrong choice? Man, I question everything.

But what I have been learning is that mistakes are not bad. It is through mistakes that we become who we really are as a person. It shapes us into the person we are today. Therefore, I cannot be fearful of making mistakes. Time to put on the red hood, and face the unknown.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is path that you beat while you walk. If you are not supposed to go down a certain path insurmountable obstacles will be put in the way. It will be like hitting the wall or swimming upstream. You can't do it.

    If the path is the path you're supposed to go the door will open up, everything will be clear. You'll meet the right people. You will find yourself in the right place at the right time under the right circumstances. The events and circumstances of your experience will unfold as naturally as the sun rises in the morning. Everything will be very smooth. You are on the right path.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you're afraid, if you let fear get in the way, you'll never do anything. Fear would hold you back. If there is something you're supposed to do, do it! Go ahead and do it. Don't let fear hold you back. Feel the fear and do it anyway. And the fear will evaporate and disappear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From the time I wrote this blog entry, I have been confronting fear- one thing at a time. I think I have been doing... alright. I am the type of person who is really hard on myself, so I know I can always push harder.
      I also agree with you when you say, "in the right place at the right time under the right circumstances." That has always resonated with me whenever I look back on my accomplishments.
      I will most definately try harder to feel the fear, and let go. Thanks man.

      Delete