Friday, September 28, 2012

I Love Basketball



Patron of the Day

I love basketball. I love playing it, watching it, and apparently talking about it at work. One boy was asking me if we had any books on basketball.
I asked him, “Do you want to read a story with basketball in it? Or do you want to read about a certain team, or how to play the sport?”
He answered, “Team. Well, do you guys have any books about the Lakers?”
I asked while searching the catalog, “Who’s your favorite player from the Lakers? Wait. Let me guess… Kobe.”
He smiled really big, “Yeah, he’s good.”
I joked, “Man, everybody likes Kobe.”
He asked after a quiet minute, “Who do you like?”
I told him, “I’m a big Lebron fan… Kobe’s aight.”
He chuckled, “Well, I’m sad we’re missing them play in the Olympics right now.”
I agreed, “I know! Let’s hurry and get you these books then.”
As I was walking him to the stacks, he added, “Well, actually I think the best player of all time is Michael Jordan.”
I smiled, “Now THAT’S someone we can both agree on.”


No comments:

Post a Comment